Friday, August 24, 2007

billy the immortal

What the best dog in the universe was doing in Brisbane RSPCA Pound I'll never knowl tiny black kelpie cross puppy announced, 'I an your dog, take me home.' So I did.
She come to live with me on the farm in the avocado grove. For long hours she lay under the piano while I practiced scales without end.She sat by my side while I worked, hanging out washing, driving to and from Brisbane, into town and back. I learned later that our bright green Carrolla sporting a pair of pointy black ears in the passenger seat was a familiar sight for the locals.
Ticks, toads, carpet snakes, rats, bandicoots, spiders, too much water, not enough water, thunder, lightning, fire flies, falling trees,hurricanes, we experienced them all. Once I even stuffed her into the basket on my push bike, (no available car), and peddled up hill and down dale 10 kilometres to the vet to get life saving antidote for tick bite. The other farmers said she would die. They didn't know that I loved her and that I would spend the next few days and nights pumping yer full o salin solution carrying her around the farm, keeping her close to me to monitor her progress.
She survived.
My dog became a legend.

No comments: